Wednesday, March 14, 2012

P90X Fitness Test

Today I took the fitness test to see if I am "ready" for P90X. Guess what..I FAILED  two of the tests. I can't do one full wide-grip pull-up or complete two minutes of jumping jacks. But I did pass every other test. You know what else? I'm going to push through it anyway. I made a decision to commit to this program, and there is no shame in modifying the fitness routines. NONE. I will be more proud of myself for doing my best-- even if my best is 3/4 of a pull up-- than I would be if I didn't try at all.  I don't believe being ready for this program is purely physical. In fact, the majority of the preparation for it is mental. All you need to have starting this program is the motivation to do so and to keep trying every day. (This is much easier said than done, of course!)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." (Radmacher)

Thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment